This dish may seem complicated, but it is actually quite simple to make. Koftas are basically meatballs that are served as-is or on a skewer, but this recipe takes it to the next level. The hard-boiled eggs are wrapped in a mixture of meatballs and spices, dusted with flour and fried until crispy. They are then served in a delicious sauce of tomatoes, spices, and yogurt for creaminess. Add Nargisi Kofta to an evening menu and your friends will think you’ve been cooking all day to prepare them.
- Egg-8 (boiled)
- Beef or Mutton Minced-1 kg (without fats) half boiled without water and half is uncooked
- Onion-2 small size (cut and golden brown it)
- Khashkhash-2 tbsp
- White cumin-1 tsp
- Almonds-6 (cooked it in frying pan without oil)
- Whole Black Pepper-8
- Salt-to taste
- Baked Chick Pea (bhunnay huay chanay)-2 tbsp
- Black cumin-1 tsp
- Small Cardamom-8
- Red Pepper Powder-1 tsp
Note All the ingredients must be blended in blender.
- Mix the boiled and unboiled minced.
- After that all all the blended dry spices along with golden brown onion and chop it in chopper.
- Now add an egg in it and mix it like a dough.
- Take the minced in your hand put boiled whole egg and cover it with minced.
- Take frying pan heat up oil and fry qofte in it.
For the Gravy (salan k liyeh)
- Red pepper powder-1 tbsp
- Ground Pepper (garam masala)-1 tsp
- Yogurt-1/2 cup
- Ghee/Oil-1 cup
- Coriander seeds Powder-2 tbsp
- Ginger/Garlic Paste-1 tbsp
- Salt-to taste
- Take a cooking bowl put oil, onion on it.
- When onion turns golden in color then remove it from oil and put it over a pepper.
- Take a yogurt mix up all the ingredients in it now beat it well.
- Put yogurt mixture in oil and also onion (golden onion crushed) and cook it for a while.
- Now Put Qoftay in it and also add 1 cup of water.
- Now again cook it but not stir spoon in it just moved cooking bowl with your hands.
- Again put 1 cup water and covered the bowl and leave it for 5 minutes over a slow flame.
- Your Nargisi Qoftay are ready to serve… enjoy!!