Makes for 14
- 210g plan flour
- 110g butter
- 30g icing suger
- 1 egg yolk
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- 1 beaten egg , for sealing
- 310 g mincemeat
- Preheat the oven to 180C.Sift the flour into a mixing bowl. Use your finger to rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. mix in the sugar and egg yolk.
- Now mix milk to make a soft dough, turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and mix lightly until smooth.
- Now shape dough into a small ball and roll it. Use pastry cutters to cut out 14 rounds for the bases and 14 small star shapes for tops.
- Dust 14 tartlet tins with flour and line with the dough rounds.
- pick the bases with the fork then half fill each pie with the mincemeat.
- place the star shapes on top then brush all over with egg.
- bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool it down. Then dust with icing sugar and Serve.