Pakistan’s highest civil and military leadership met in Islamabad for the second time in a week to address the current situation in Occupied Kashmir. PM Imran also directed all diplomatic channels to remain active to expose harsh Indian racist government, design and human rights violations. The premier also directed Armed Forces to remain vigilance.
The meeting was attended by:
- Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi,
- Defence Minister Pervez Khattak,
- Minister for Interior,
- Minister for Education,
- Minister for Human Rights,
- Law Minister, Adviser Finance,
- Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC) Zubair Mahmood Hayat,
- Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa,
- Chief of Air Staff, Mujahid Anwar Khan,
- Chief of Naval Staff Zafar Mahmood Abbasi,
- SAPM on Information, DG-ISI, DG-ISPR,
- Secretary Foreign Affairs and other senior officers.
As per details, the NSC meeting discussed the situation arising out of unilateral and illegal actions by the Indian government, situation inside Indian Occupied Kashmir and along Line of Control (LOC).
The Committee decided to take the following actions:
- The downgrading of diplomatic relations with India.
- Suspension of bilateral trade with India.
- Review of bilateral arrangements.
- Matter to be taken to the United Nations, including the Security Council.
- Independence Day this 14 August to be observed in solidarity with brave Kashmiris and their struggle for their right of self-determination, while August 15 will be observed as ‘Black Day’.