Hair loss and thinning of hair cause a lot of stress and anxiety. And even if you manage to take things under control, growing your hair turns out to be a different story altogether! However, using growth stimulating natural ingredients like onion, coconut, fenugreek seeds for hair growth does make the life easier.
Onion and Coconut Milk Hair Mask
Adding 2 tbsp of onion juice to 3 tbsp of coconut milk can work magical on your hair.
- Mix onion juice to coconut milk in a 2:3 proportion.
- Apply the milky mixture to your hair and massage your scalp.
- Leave it to rest for an hour before washing it off.
- You can wear this pack 2-3 times a week for better results.
Egg and Banana Hair Mask
The protein source, egg helps in reducing hair fall and banana’s moisturizing ability aids in volumizing hair.
- Use ripe 1 or 2 bananas and mash it.
- Crack open an egg and mix well until you gain consistency.
- Massage well on your scalp and entire length of the hair.
- Add in 1tbsp honey/olive oil.
- Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly in lukewarm water and report once a week.
Banana and Coconut Oil Hair Mask
Hair masks cast a deep conditioning effect on your hair and scalp. The natural oils and lipids present in them nourishes the hair activating the anagen phase of the hair growth process.
- Blend one ripe banana and add 4 tbsp coconut oil, 1tbsp glycerin and 2 tbsp honey to the mixture.
- You need a smooth paste to ensure that it washes off without leaving bits in your hair.
- Apply this mixture to your hair and cover with a shower cap. Wash off after 30 minutes.
Flaxseeds and Lemon Juice Hair Mask
Flaxseeds are rich in omega-three fatty acids and proteins, which help promote thick hair.
- Soak a quarter cup of flaxseeds in water overnight.
- In the morning, add two cups of water to the flaxseeds and bring to a boil.
- When it thickens, reduce the flame and squeeze the juice of half a lemon in it.
- After a few minutes, turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Add a few drops of any essential oil of your choice.
Hibiscus and Curd Hair Mask
This mask boost the hair growth and keep the scalp clean and healthy.
- Grind the 7-8 hibiscus leaves and add 1/4th cup curd, 2 tbsp almond oil or coconut oil to form a fine paste.
- Apply a thick layer all over your scalp and hair.
- After 15 minutes, wash off with cool water followed by a conditioner.